Summerside Lobster Carnival
Biscuit and Roll Competition
Islanders love their biscuits and rolls, especially hot out of the oven paired with lobster. Island bakers are also serious about their biscuit/roll making skills. The Summerside Lobster Carnival Biscuit Competition is serious business. Non-professional bakers vie for the bragging rights and prizes that come with being a selected winner.
Contest Day: Thursday, July 7th, 2022
Check-in at the registration table between 1 - 1:15 pm in the Lobster Demonstration & Food Tent, Lobster Carnival grounds, Credit Union Place. Judging starts at 1:15 pm.
Musical entertainment throughout.
Yeast Roll (small bread leavened with yeast)
Tea Biscuit (small bread leavened with baking powder or soda, browned crust and soft centre)
French Biscuit (Acadian creation that is a combination of a roll and biscuit)
Sweet Biscuit (sweetened, containing fruit)
★ 1st - $100 ★ 2nd - $75 ★ 3rd - $50★
for each category
1. Contestants cannot be professional chefs or bakers
2. Contestants may submit only one entry per category – 1 entry equals six rolls or biscuits
3. Biscuits/rolls judged on taste and appearance
4. Entries must be individual – no team entries
5. Judging will be done by three judges
Rules subject to change
Biscuit and Roll Competition Registration Form
2018 Biscuit and Roll Competitors and Judges